Thursday, August 23, 2012

On how I became an innocent abroad and lost my ability to think straight after the barber gave me a horrible haircut // Or (...)

Original title: On how I became an innocent abroad and lost my ability to think straight after the barber gave me a horrible haircut // Or how I lost my faith in low fat milk and realized the road brings nothing but loneliness and a distorted shadow of your bicycle.
Written by Jesús Rodríguez

Carl De Keyzer - Magnum Photos

With the malaysian visa approved, I left home 13 months ago. Which meant I never wrote one single word for this blog until now. And for that, readers, I apologize. Even though this blog is not about my history, I thought the subject might catch your attention, because it is wise to have a compassionate heart.

Writing these lines, basically to say that I´m back, means nothing but a good return to what it was once good and exciting. Forgive me if I missed any photojournalism event that I could have wrote a post or even mention in this space, but I have to remind you that all men go abroad to find monsters and sirens, hopefully, I will find at least inspiration.


Herbert List - Magnum Photos


So, after summarizing these 13 months in the title, I have to add that I´ve been cycling around Kuala Lumpur every day and I´ve been reading a lot. Therefore, lets hope that I´m fit physically, mentally and emotionally for more exciting and new stories here.

Richard Kalvar - Magnum Photos

See you next week folks!

1 comments:

Don't Get Nasty Brother said...

Oh so you tell me that you didn't die fighting bears with your hands or something like that? Good to know...

Post a Comment